Wednesday, June 10, 2015

AN UNUSUAL STORE AND GOING DUTCH


Memorial Weekend (continued)


Despite the crowd at the state park, there is surprising little in the surrounding area.  Very rural and a bit depressed.









So I was very surprised to find the coolest little store in the middle of nowhere!   With natural remedies, organic spices, grass fed beef and homemade cheeses.... Baked goods, books on farming and homesteading.  I bought some grass-fed beef short ribs and a half dozen free range eggs.





For the rest of the weekend, I practiced my patience with children not related to me and my dutch oven cooking skills.  Having just participated in a class at the Blue Ridge Rally a few weeks ago, I was anxious to put my new found skills to the test!  So far I've made pork loin, chicken, ribs, dessert, and even a frittata.







No comments:

Post a Comment